To create and send a recurring invoice
1) To set up a recurring invoice go to Invoices > Recurring invoices.
2) Click Schedule an invoice
3) A draft invoice appears. Input relevant information and enable Stripe and/or PayPal so clients can pay online
For more information on
- Creating invoices, click HERE
- Accept payments via Stripe, click HERE
- Accept payments via PayPal, click HERE
4) Click Clients and schedules
5) A panel with the client list will slide out from the right to choose which client the recurring invoice is for
6) Set the Schedule settings and choose Create and send invoice automatically
There are three Send until options
- Until stopped - recurring invoice will continue to be sent at the chosen cadence until you manually reschedule or stop it
- Set stop date - choose a future end date for the recurring invoice to be stopped
- Number of invoices - set the total number of invoices that should sent
- For the options Set stop date and Number of invoices, once all invoices have been sent as per the chosen schedule, the recurring invoice will be tagged as Completed
- Invoice payment terms for recurring invoices are sent independently from the payment terms for ad hoc invoices
7) Set the Email template
Choose to send an online link and/or a PDF copy of the invoice.
If sending for the first time, choose the email address for the recipient of the invoice
8) Click SAVE to confirm the changes.
NB This will NOT activate the recurring invoice.
9) Click Activate to activate the recurring invoice.
- If the start date chosen is the same as the date of creation, the first invoice will be sent immediately. All future invoices will be sent at 7.00 am AEST.
- A recurring invoice can be created as a draft and it can be sent at a later date.
- The same invoice can be assigned to another client and set with a different schedule.
- The contents of the invoice can be updated at any time, don’t forget to click Save now
Don't forget to download the Rounded mobile app!