How do I track time against a project?
Keep a track of time spent on a particular project using one of the methods from the Time Tracking page:
a. Tracking time using the timer
b. Adding time manually
c. Duplicating existing time entry
We recommend setting up a project (for a client) to track time against, before starting to use the Time Tracking feature.
See Where do I create a new project for more details.
To track time using the timer
1) From the menu on the left, click Timer > Time Tracking. The Time tracking page displays.
2) To track time for a project automatically,
a. Type in a note in the What are you working on field.
b. Click Select project to select the project to track the time against.
- By default, the time is treated as billable. If time entries will not be billed, click Billable to change time to Non billable.
- Depending on what client/project selected, the rate/hour is updated.
The timer is activated and displayed next to the timer button.
3) To stop the timer, click
The time tracking stops and the tracked time is displayed under the current date in underneath the dashboard display.
Note: Restart a tracked time by hovering over the time entry to be restarted then click the
Adding time manually
See Adding time manually for more information.
To duplicate an existing time entry
1) Hover over the time entry to be duplicated and from the right, click the dropdown arrow.
2) Click Duplicate.
The Add time entry panel slides out from the right.
3) Complete the details and click Save. A duplicate time entry is created and grouped
under the same description/project.
Don't forget to download the Rounded mobile app!