The recurring expenses feature is a fantastic "set and forget" time saver for all those expenses which incur a regular cost over a regular time period (e.g. rent, phone, internet).
1) To set up a recurring expense go to Expenses > Recurring expenses
2) Click New recurring expense
3) A panel slides out from the right. Fill in the expense details including amount, include GST, Start date*, cadence, category, vendor and description
(*See ADDITIONAL NOTES below for more info on start date)
4) Click Save to set active straight away
- Recurring expenses CAN be backdated. If you choose a start date in the past, Rounded will automatically create expense records from the start date to the current date at the cadence chosen once the recurring expense is activated.
- Changing a recurring expense template is NOT retrospective. Any expense records already created before a change is made will not reflect that change. Any subsequent records created will reflect that change.
- At the moment, a recurring expense cannot be linked to a bank feeds transaction. Either set up a recurring expense OR reconcile it from the bank feeds. Doing both will result in duplicate records.
Don't forget to download the Rounded mobile app!