Once a client has paid an invoice you may need to send them a receipt to formally acknowledge the payment.
A receipt can only be generated for an invoice which has been marked as fully paid.
1) Go to the main invoices section and find the relevant invoice
2) If you need to record a payment and mark the invoice as paid, click on the relevant invoice which will be in the Outstanding section of the main invoice page.
3) Click Record a payment
NB If an invoice has been paid via the Stripe credit card payment or PayPal integration, it will have been marked as paid automatically.
4) A panel will slide out from the right. Complete the details as required and click Save to continue.
5) The invoice will reload (Note status will be updated to PAID IN FULL). Click Send receipt to continue.
6) A panel will slide out from the right. Click on the Add emails field to enter an email address or click on the default email address of the client.
7) Click Send receipt to send the receipt.
Note: The receipt sent via Rounded is accompanied by an email which can be edited at a template level. Click HERE to learn more.
The client will receive an email with a PDF attached which will show the following information:
Confirmation that the document is a receipt
Confirmation the balance remaining is $0
Confirmation of the date the invoice was paid
Don't forget to download the Rounded mobile app!